Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Fling

Looks like Caleb's is ready for this weekend's fund-raiser session. The idea is to collect money to put a roof over this ridiculously radical bowl out in Shelby, NC built by skate artisan Caleb Moore. If I were you, I'd get down there and make sure this gets done ASAP so as to preserve what has to be one of the best bowls in the Southeast, if not the country. Word is that the Cockfight dudes will be there early and the weekend will probably be an unbelievable blowout that you shouldn't miss. Bring $100 and show your manliness. Here's a pic of the resurfaced bowl just waiting to get annihilated.


It's interesting that unlike the old "Humbler" out in Denver, this one doesn't really have a nickname yet. I've heard the "Numbler" tossed around, but I don't know. I guess they could name it after me, since I fucking destroy that place... well, ok maybe not. Undoubtedly, the fact that this thing got built, basically single-handedly by Caleb over the last year was, in all seriousness, one of the greatest and best surprises I've ever experienced in skating. So many thanks to the man himself and also to Ricardo who was down there helping and sent this photo in to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment