Friday, March 11, 2011

Armchair Skate Historians

Okay skate historians. This photo should give you a lot to think about. Where in Texas is that pipe? What year is that? What exactly is that deck second from the right? Can you name any of those wheels or perhaps guess who's in the photo?



I definitely know where this was taken, but exactly when is a good question, though the pads are a pretty good indication. Obviously, I was only like forty years old when this was going down, and hadn't even started skating yet. So, I had nothing to do with this, but one of my Texas bros sent it to me at one time and I've kinda wondered about it ever since. Of course, it's probably been run 100 times in Thrasher by now but since I don't get out much how would I know? I'm sure several people can nail this shit. Lemme know what up. My guess: L to R: Schlag, Kevin the Hesh, Joe Dirt and Frank Gardner in 2006 or so.

1 comment:

  1. Forty years old? 2006? The time machine has left me behind. Maybe ahead? No, definitely behind.

    ReplyDelete