Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sick New Bowl

Some homies from down in El Paso sent in pictures of them finally finishing up the "Webbo" bowl. They dug the bowl by hand, did all the rebar, etc., work and then had the Grindline guys come in to shotcrete it. Came out rad, right? Check out the progress from the original dig to the finished product!






Rad! The dudes were way cool and told me about the bowl just as soon as it got finished up, which they kept telling me was last weekend for some reason. They even gave me easy directions that follow the hardcore skate rules for ultra-secret spots like this one: "Hey you stupid wetto, make sure to blindfold yourself before you come over, and then go stand on the railroad tracks and wait for the next train to come by, Way." Thanks! I have to admit, I didn't try to explain that I'm not Danny Way. But it's weird that they think I want to swim in the bowl... they callled me "wetto" like five or six times. No wonder they think I'm stupid! They also kept asking me if I had a "bacho," which I assume is some sort of bowl building tool or something. "Hey, got bacho?" When I didn't answer right away they kept saying "fuck you." Or sometimes they'd just say "fuck you got bacho." I guess I don't have all of the hardcore skate culture worked out, but I will try to get a bacho before I head down there. But no worries. I can't wait to skate the "Webbo" and eat killer Mexican food down on the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment