Thursday, March 24, 2011

In Humbler Days...

Sorry but I can't resist lame puns. Anyway, today everybody's down in Shelby skating the bowl and probably hitting up Bridge's BBQ while I'm working (as you have already obviously noted). As many of you know, Caleb's first bowl, the "Humbler," was legendary until it *GASP* eventually rotted. Here's a pic of the Humbler in its later days... that's me in there I think, and you know I can't resist my fat face in lights.

So what's the point of all of this shameless self-promotion, you ask? Well, get your ass down to Shelby and donate $100 bucks so that the same fate doesn't befall this newer, bluer Humbler. Camp. Skate. Eat. Smoke. Skate. Have good time. Give $100. Preserve bowl.

In other words, for all the shit I talk about the Humbler, I probably skated it a grand total of five times. Lewie, who took this picture I believe, and who has sworn to bail out this site by sending video of people actually skating so that you don't have to read my relentless sales pitches (buy American, by the way, it's way better than communist and costs more, too), could have skated this all the time but sat around drinking beer instead. He never gave $100 to preserve the Humbler and now it's gone. So there you have it, moral and all. Get to Shelby, buy American, and save skateboarding from communists like Lewie.

No comments:

Post a Comment