Saturday, April 16, 2011

*UPDATE* Wallride Side

I met up with the Wallride Side crew today and after some heavy negotiations they let me snap a few photos of the work they're doing. Apparently they got clued in about this site by someone and got fully pissed about me 1) putting a picture of Estéban and the crew up; 2) naming the place "Wallride Side;" they apparently haven't officially named it yet; 3) committing a bunch of Spanish grammatical errors in the interview I posted with them. I figured the usual couple of brews peace offering wouldn't work, and fortunately I had some powder on me and everything was cool. These locs aren't fucking around though. Check out the recent progress:

This is excavation on the bowl area. The plan is an 8-foot deep end but it'll have pretty tight trannies and some real vert. This would be moving a lot more quickly if Tim, the backhoe guy, wouldn't drink brew on the job and have to stop and take a fucking leak every three minutes. I swear that guy drained six or seven cold ones in the half hour I was there today. He's not shy about asking for money either. Unlike his co-workers, he did say he liked the Daily Coiler site except for "all those fucking words" and suggested that if I'd post up more "naked whores" maybe more people would log on. Everybody's a  fucking critic, but I guess I see his point there.

Emiliano was shot-creting the bonus pocket area in this pic. I didn't even try interviewing him, though, since he didn't buy my whole "my back's killing me" excuse that I've been using around this site. He kept mad-dogging me and asking "porque no ayudas mujer?" while waving a fucking seriously sharp looking blade in my direction until I finally broke down and opened a brew for the dude. Poor baby! I don't understand why these DIY dudes don't practice what they preach! Fucking do it yourself, asshole! Don't ask me to help since you're so damn punk. I'll skate the damn thing when it's done! People need to learn how lucky they are to get to build stuff for people like me to skate. I mean really.

Anyway, like I said it took some serious doing to get these guys to cooperate with me, and I hesitate to even post this stuff since I'm sure they're gonna raise hell about it next time so as to mooch a couple more OZs of sugar off me. But, in the end these dudes are doing a sick DIY so I guess it's all worth it. They can be pretty cool, though, and keep saying that if I'd just come by "after dark" they'd "show my fucking ass what's up." But I don't know. I guess I'd be more trusting of the dudes if they didn't threaten me with all sorts of physical harm during the day. But like I said, I gotta skate this thing once it gets built so, as always, I'll keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment