Friday, April 8, 2011

Wallride Side

There are some seriously sick DIY projects going on in the Tri-Cities right now as the result of the hard work of some mega-dedicated skate warriors. These projects are so fucking underground that they're turning up in some of the least obvious locations anyone would suspect: suburban neighborhoods. In fact, the only way I found out about this one--Wallride Side--was completely by accident. I was cruising around trying to score a sack of chron about a week ago and stumbled on this DIY build. I finally got the balls to introduce myself and do a quick interview with the leader of the crew, Estéban Cantú. Here's how it went:

DC: What up locsta?
EC: Que mueras puto.
Wallride Side
DC: Hey man, sick bowl build! No one would ever guess this was even a made to skate spot, right in the backyard of this new home... where'd you get the idea?
EC: Cojiendo tu pinche hermana, wey.
DC: Rad. You guys seem to dig some seriously tight trannies. Fucking sick.
EC: Como tu panocha, puto.
DC: That's right... no way anyone's gonna stop this bowl from happening! So how long has it taken you guys to get to this point?
EC: Quieres comprar algo, guero? Si no vete al diablo, vavoso.
DC: Kill, brah. This place is the raw dog real deal! How long have you and the crew been skating? You dudes are fucking hecka undercover. No one would ever even guess you homies skated and shit, G.
EC: La patineta (laughs). Unos cuantos maricones!!  (laughs a lot more) Vete wey. Tengo una bolsillita para tí, wey. Nada más veinte... o sea, para tí cincuenta... es la buena, puto.
DC: Yeah, this park is rad dude. I wish I had a sack of chron for you locs, dog. Fuck dude I gotta break out. We'll hit this spot up bro! I'd help but my back is killing me, ya know...
EC: Chinga tu madre pendejo.

Estéban and the CRü!!

I know they'll probably be pissed, but I snapped this pic of Estéban (center) and the DIY crew before I split. These dudes are mega-underground, so I don't think one photo should hurt anything. I'll keep everyone posted on this site as it nears completion and definitely get pics of some sessioning. Damn, these dudes are heavy undercover.

No comments:

Post a Comment